Compadre users

Home Forums Tesoro Compadre users

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Phantasman 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

KennyD
    Participant

Hi all, are there any Tesoro Compadre users around here?I may be joining the church of the Compadre very soon!

draaiorgel
    Participant

Sorry Kenny I can't be of much help to ya on this one.I'm not familiar with the Tesoro Compadre.The only thing I can tell you about it is, it's a beep and dig  machine.There's no VID meter.But the folks who own them swear by them.I don't even know if the beep is variable tone or not. 🙁 🙁

mark
    Participant

Tesoro builds good quality detectors.  I've had a Tejon, Cortes and a Toltec 100.  None of them ever gave me a problem.

tink

Hi all, are there any Tesoro Compadre users around here?I may be joining the church of the Compadre very soon!

The Tesoro is well known as a gold chain hitter on the beach. It is a quick react detector.   I still lean toward the Tec as I use my Omega for dirt digging. Miss Mary uses it for dry sand hunting on the beach and cleans up. I am definitely a meter man because digging is just to hard around here for bad targets.  😀

KennyD
    Participant

Yeah, I always have my Garrett GTI with me.. its a technological marvel, but the Tesoro's really interest me for their high quality, speed and simplicity.Oh, and theyre super light too. That Garrett gets really heavy after a few hours.

steveo
    Participant

I never went the Tesoro route, I like my whites MXT, my Minelab CTX 3030, and my Garrett AT Pro. Heard Tesoro are good too and so are Fisher and teknetics

Phantasman
    Participant

I used to have one. It's good, fast response for accurate PPing, and one control (one/off knob starts in all metal and futher turning notches out everything behind it.Swings fast, and you can thumb the disc knob over a hit to see when the signal disappears to get an ID kind of.For the last many years, they come with a 5.75 coil, hardwired (no coil exchanging). So it's slightly larger that a sharp shooter, but doesn't cover area anything like a 11" DD or even a 8" concentric. It's a great backup, but not my first choice as a main. In Tesoro the Silver uMax is a better main choice. For the price, the Fisher Eurotek holds it's own for the same price and you get a little ID on screen help along with response. Though the Compadre you can swing all day due to it's feather weight.My opinion.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.