find from a while back

Home Forums Relic Hunting find from a while back

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tink 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

steveo
    Participant

Bayonet This is a past find that I have never shared with many. I found it back in like 1973 in England on the shore of the English channel between England and Europe. I don't know what country it is from for sure but I always thought America. so I added the picture of the end its the only design on the whole thing no writing at all. For many years I used it as a digger for detecting but I finally decided to put it away many years ago as it is good history and a prized find for me Thanks for looking

tink

Pretty neat find. Couldn't get a really good view because your pics were a little large. When I have time I will learn how to resize pics posted on this site so they show up better.   Mark or Ian may jump in here and do that. Thanks for the post - did you actually find what it is?

steveo
    Participant

Sorry I post on a lot of forums the same picture and I do not have any problems on them

mark
    Participant

That's an awesome find!  Did you confirm it is a US bayonet?  One the photo, I actually like 'em large.  Let's me see the details.  Tink, there's should be a scroll bar on the bottom that will let you move it side to side.  I think I can set the site software to auto shrink stuff if it gets to be a problem for folks

draaiorgel
    Participant

Very nice find Steve.Done, resized to enable easier viewing.See if that's easier tink.I hope Steve and Mark agree.

tink

Very nice find Steve.Done, resized to enable easier viewing.See if that's easier tink.I hope Steve and Mark agree.

Yeah Thanks Ian - I knew about the scroll bar but I couldn't get the pic small enough to really view. I can get a nice look now. That is a really nice find. Our weather is breaking so maybe I will be posting - right now I am trout fishing 8)

steveo
    Participant

This is what a collector guy on another site said about US M4 bayonett/fighting knife!!!

tink

This is what a collector guy on another site said about US M4 bayonett/fighting knife!!!

Must have been before my time - didn't recognize that one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.