happy 2014 is here

Home / Forums / General Discussion / happy 2014 is here

• Author
    • last yr. was very, very bad anyway I look at my finds, be it clad count, silver count or gold bling.  Just did not have the  time to get out, counting the days when I will semi-retire in April.  Instead of working 65 hr. per week between my two jobs I will most likely work around 40. It will seem like retirement.  Take my last hunt of the yr. as an example of how things went for me last yr.  With only a couple of days till the end of the yr. I decided to go out and add to my clad count, no grand thoughts of finding anything big.  Checked the batt. in my AT-Pro and headed out to a school only a couple of miles away.  Because the school was so close I only  took one detector, Wrong!  Got there and AT-Pro was acting nutty.  OH @##^&@* I thought to myself, just what I need, already lost my CZ6a earlier in the year, AT-pro no longer has warranty guess at this point I go home and grab another detector and hope Garrett will give me a break since I am a dealer.  grabbed my Explorer and headed back only to damage the screen on my Minelab with my Lesche digger.  Said a few choice words and headed home.  Should have stayed home.    P.S.  turns out my AT-pro is ok, needed new batt. but I did check them before heading out, honest I did.  How can batt. show almost a full load only to peter out a short while later.  The AT-pro did sit around for the longest time before I got around to using it.  Hope the new yr. brings my better luck.

• Sounds like your getting fed up doin' all those hours week in week out.But unfortunately, that's what puts bread and jam on the table.That last hunt of the year sounded like a rough one.I'm sure ya didn't deserve damaging the control head on the Minelab,but glad ta hear it was only the batteries on the AT Pro.I bet you're looking forward to April and hopefully it'll give ya some more time ta get out hunting.We've missed you're presence here and all the wee stories and pics.We wish ya a very successful New Year with lots of goodies.

• at #2685

Hang in there nickelpicker!  It'll get better, for sure.  I have some sites on my “wanna do” list I plan to hit this Winter…so far work has been conspiring against me, but I refuse to admit defeat!

• As the English say, “keep a stiff upper lip” guys.There's a good time coming.
    • Thanks guys, been marking off the days on the calendar for months now.  Been working the two jobs for 8 years now and it is getting old but you do what you have to do.  I may be nuts but I may take another job in the near future, driving new expensive cars from dealership to dealership.  It does not pay much but it is not hard work, I could sit at home or I could sit behind the steering wheel of a car and get paid.

• at #2688

Take it from an old timer – it is good to have a small job to keep you active.  About your battery check - I have noticed that quite often my battery will look good at the check but just a short time later will be almost dead. Seems like the gauge reads good but any load quickly drains it. I usually carry a spare if I am going very far Glad to see you on here again - we need someone to find and post just to keep us snowed in ones happy  😀

• I couldn't have put better tink.NP was always a good read and interesting stories + pics. 8) 8)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.