It’s been awhile…………..

Home Forums General Discussion Introduce yourself! It’s been awhile…………..

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tink 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Phantasman
    Participant

Hi Mark. Hi Tink. Last time I talked to you guys was a few years back (about 3-4). Tink was going back north after some fun at the NC beach with you, Mark. We were supposed to try to get together for a gold hunt with one guy (his name escapes me) around Richmond, VA.Anyways, I dropped off of the map, but held on to my F5. Haven't used it in two years, but dusted it off, and it lit up beautifully last weekend. Tested the other two coils, and I'm back in business. I seem to have lost my headphones. But I live about 3 miles from Richard at Backwoods Detectors (haven't seen him in years as well).Anyways, I had to go into your archives to make sure I was back on the right site (I saw my old posts under Fisher when you first started the other site). This one is nice as well, and I have it bookmarked.Time to wake up and smell the finds, eh boys?Dan

tink

HEY! Welcome back. You will notice things are a little slow but will start picking up. Especially with Mark retiring in a few weeks. He should start posting all his finds  😛  Good to see you on here again.

draaiorgel
    Participant

It's great ta cya back again Dan.  🙂 🙂Richard at Backwoods has a very fine reputation, ya can't go wrong with him.I'm lookin' forward to seein' some posts from ya.Get that F5 revved up.  8) 8)Anyway good luck and HH.

mark
    Participant

Welcome back Pman!  I missed you around here.  What we lack in volume, we make up for with quality! (good spin?)  . ;D I switched out forum software to gain some flexibility and options for new stuff..there wasn't a good importer that worked, so I made the old site an archive.  I'm cruising toward retirement (from 1 job, at least!) so I will be having fun a little more now.

Phantasman
    Participant

Good, Mark. I believe we have a date to keep at Atlantic Beach from years ago. Let me know when tink gets here. I'm only here close to the Bristol (TN) race track. Not that far.Cya.

mark
    Participant

A detectorstuff group hunt at the beach would be fun!  hey tink, can we all crash at your place when you come down?  Ian, can you hop a plane over?  ;D

tink

A beach hunt is always fun Mark but we rent at the Silver Gull next to Jonnie Mercers Pier and they restrict guests unless extra rooms are rented. Resort town and pretty pricey. Much cheaper on the mainland.  🙁

mark
    Participant

A beach hunt is always fun Mark but we rent at the Silver Gull next to Jonnie Mercers Pier and they restrict guests unless extra rooms are rented. Resort town and pretty pricey. Much cheaper on the mainland.  🙁

We can hide!  ...or sleep in our cars in your driveway!  😛

mark
    Participant

…you know I'm picking at you tink.  😀

tink

Yeah but it would be fun to get together. Maybe we could even get Dave back to the beach

draaiorgel
    Participant

We're too mean to get a plane Mark.By the time we row the old coracle there you would all be back again.I got offered an organ job in Bahrain last year,all expenses paid and 5 star hotel for the duration of our stay.Had to turn it down our passports are way out of date,and I just don't think big enough.How sad is that? :'( :'(

tink

A detectorstuff group hunt at the beach would be fun!  hey tink, can we all crash at your place when you come down?  Ian, can you hop a plane over?  ;D

I often wondered how to hop a plane. With all the security it's hard enough just to walk on one  😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.