Over security on post

Home Forums General Discussion Suggestion box Over security on post

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mark 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

steveo
    Participant

Hi guys glad I finally got back on the site. kept trying to get on with the old passwords and stuff wouldn't work finally decided to re register and it worked.So I am back - site seems to be running smooth the one of the hard things and I know it will discourage others from posting is all the security. I don't have a forum so I cannot say I know anything but you have to already be logged on to post. Then when you want to reply you have to put in them letters. That takes me many time to get through, the other two questions are good they are made for dummies like me.Just my 2 cents - keep up the good work 

mark
    Participant

Thanks Steveo…glad you made it back!  I apologize for the security being a pain in the butt.  I'll see if I can make some adjustments to make it easier.  We were fighting a bunch of spammers so I put some security in place that must have been overkill.

draaiorgel
    Participant

I'm glad ya finally made it back to us steveo.We all have to log in with our screen name and password to enable us to post.You can use Internet explorer to remember your password and when you log in with your username it will put in the password for you.The very first time you go to log in, a screen will pop up at the bottom of the screen in ie 7 asking if you want it to remember the password for this forum. Just click ok or yes to set it.Are you the guy that has a golden king detector, sorry but I can't remember the make of it?

tink

Most of the other detecting sites have the same type of security. As mark says, it keeps some of the spammers out. Once you log in everything opens up pretty simply.

testuser
    Participant

test post

testuser
    Participant

He's right…there are additional layers of stuff members have to do when they post a message…I didn't know about it until I used my testuser.  (This is Mark, by the way)

testuser
    Participant

Annuder test

testuser
    Participant

…and yet another test.  verification is now gone for members to post…I need to make sure it's still there for when people sign up though to keep the wonderful spammers out

tink

I notice I am receiving E-mails about new members again so you did change something

mark
    Participant

Yep…unfortunately, turning off the additional stuff members have to do to post also disabled it for new sign ups.  I gotta find a happy medium somewhere. 

draaiorgel
    Participant

I much prefer to be notified of new members.It lets us know what's happening. 🙂 🙂

steveo
    Participant

sorry draaiorgel I don't have a golden king detector had a few for sell on this site before as I am a dealer. The one I use mostly now is the Minelab CTX 3030 and love it.Thanks Mark now the site is working like others but do what ever you have to do.

testuser
    Participant

yet another test post

mark
    Participant

test test  :-  :-*  :-*

mark
    Participant

Okay…here's how it works now.  You'll have to provide the answer to some security questions for a certain number of posts, then after that, you don't anymore.  Steveo, yours should be good now where you don't have any more to answer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.