polictical correctness & other BS

Home Forums Funny Stuff polictical correctness & other BS

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  draaiorgel 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

nickelpicker
    Participant

well this is not funny but wanted to post it somewhere.  Maybe we could use a  general non metal detecting forum to vent, question, or talk about wants on our mind.  I had lunch at Taco Bell today and had to wait for my order as they were backed up for whatever reason.  I think I was number 269 and had maybe 5 others ahead of me.  As each order was brought out the person would yell out  Guest # so and so, I would be Guest 269.  This just kind of rubbed me the wrong way cause if we were guests we would be eating free.  It's not hard to understand, it you pay you are not a guest so I don't want to hear this touchy feely [email protected] that upper management comes up with.  Don't reinvent to meaning of wordsI'm a simple person and don't like pretentious people or things.  A used car is a USED car and not a Pre- Owned car to me.  And what gives with ads that say SAVE UP TO 80% AND MORE  If there is more then it has to be higher than 80%  da!

tink

Some of it has a funny side but “Political Correctness” is destroying the strength of our nation. No one can laugh at themselves anymore. I worked heavy construction for many years and the bond came from sharing life – now everyone is walking on egg shells afraid of offending someone.

mark
    Participant

I feel your pain, NP.  If folks weren't so serious about it, some of the PC crap would be downright funny.  However, once you find out they are serious, it's just…disturbing.

draaiorgel
    Participant

Some of it has a funny side but "Political Correctness" is destroying the strength of our nation. No one can laugh at themselves anymore. I worked heavy construction for many years and the bond came from sharing life - now everyone is walking on egg shells afraid of offending someone.

I agree with ya tink.Often when I see a beautiful youngish girl with designer torn jeans, I would dearly love to make a comment but can'tbecause they would take it too seriously.Yeah PC is killing everyone here as well, no-one wants to have fun with each other now of days.Even outside when I want a wee smoke, I've got to creep away into a corner where no-one can see me.It's kinda like being a leper or breaking the law. 😮 😮 😮 😮

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.