Russian detectors

Home Forums All other brands Russian detectors

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Phantasman 5 years ago.

• Author

mark
    Participant

draaiorgel
    Participant

None of those are showing Mark. 🙁

mark
    Participant

That's odd..they show up fine for me.  Anyone else having trouble seeing them?

tink

I use a meter a lot whereas a lot of hunters pretty well are in all metal for the way they hunt.   On the beach it doesn't matter very much but in a hard digging area you almost have to cherry pick.  Any meter that gives an advantage is OK in my book. I like the one that shows a big difference between a coin and a bottle cap.  There is always a learning curve and a trust issue when you have to walk away from a signal.  Mark - just saw your post, they came through for me

steveo
    Participant

Sorry they do not come in for me either, I would like to see them though

mark
    Participant

Ian or Steveo, would one of you do me a favor and take a screenshot of what you're seeing?  I'll try to work out what's happening.Thanks!

steveo
    Participant

sorry mark not really smart on this stuff. In other words don't know how to do a screen shot. But I know what I am seeing is the big square where the picture should be but all is white except has a black line frame and then in the top left corner there is like a 1/4 inch square that is black with a white X

tink

Hey Mark – They come in on my laptop also. Lapop uses Internet Explorer

steveo
    Participant

and I only use my laptop and it has internet explorer, but if I am right I think it has windows 7. I have seen on some other websites that photos have not been showing up.

mark
    Participant

Steveo, are you able to see normal youtube videos okay when you go the the youtube site?  It almost sounds like it's being blocked for some reason…I'll double check settings on this side.  Really baffled since tink can see 'em too.

draaiorgel
    Participant

I use IE9 and Win 7.Yes I can see all vids on you tube no problem.See screen shot below.

tink

Usually when I hit a site that blocks the pictures there is a pop up that directs me to click if i want to view everything? On this site the only time I have had a problem is when I visited some older posts and the pics didn't come through.  Fill me in when you get it figured out - always good to know things  😀

mark
    Participant

Thanks for the screenshot, Ian.  I'm really thinking pop up blockers now…although it's not a popup.  Some software also blocks “Flash” when it's redirected from another site…like when I post a youtube video here.  Lemme experiment a little….

steveo
    Participant

here is another update for you if I used firefox It would not work it told me I needed a flash of some kind update. So I did it and it could not work automaticly so I had to install manual. Then the vidios will work now on firefox. But still not on explorerCannot fiqure that one

tink

I had that problem a few years back on this site. Did the same thing – went to firefox and it works. This is on my old desk top with XP.  Laptop with Vista didn't give me any problem.   Never got into deep enough to figure what was going on as long as it works  ;D

mark
    Participant

Thanks for the update, Steveo.  One reason I switched over to this forum software was to make it more compatible with everyone's browsers.  I'm going to check the settings for the youtube embedder and see if there's some sort of settings that will make it more browser neutral.

draaiorgel
    Participant

That's it now Mark.  8) 8)Their all showing and playing ok.I must admit I'm not really convinced with the readouts.Think I'll stick with the Fisher F70. ;D ;D

steveo
    Participant

Well do not see any change here, but don't let it bother you. most videos are not worth the trouble

steveo
    Participant

ok i got it now, i went to google chrome which works

mark
    Participant

ok i got it now, i went to google chrome which works

Glad you got it...I'm still head scratching a bit over why MS Internet Explorer doesn't like 'em.

Phantasman
    Participant

I couldn't see them either. If they are the AKA, been there. The Signum is one heck to a detector. They use a metering system that is second to none called a hodograph. Kind of beyond my price range, but some consider them the deepest detectors with the fastest recovery rate.http://akadetectors.com/products.php?page=aka-signum-mft-7272mAll the video's are at the bottom of the left menu.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.