The thrill of seeing silver

Home Forums Old coin hunting The thrill of seeing silver

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  draaiorgel 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

mark
    Participant

In my part of NC, silver comes out of the ground just as shiny as the day it was lost.  I have to admit, it's one of my biggest thrills to see that first bright glint of silver peeking up out of the hole! 

nickelpicker
    Participant

Amen! it never gets old.  The bigger the coin the bigger the thrill.  Silver the size of half dimes or smaller also gets the heart pumping.

mark
    Participant

Years ago, my very first silver find with an old Garrett Deepseeker…I was digging with a screwdriver!  Yep…you got it.  I scratched the daylights out of my first Mercury Dime.  Not a valuable find, but made me a little sick to my stomach.  Still…that first silver was more gas for the fire!  I was hooked for sure after that.

tink

I love dirt digging. Always that chance to see  that silver. Getting tougher for me now to get up off my knees but the thoughts of a big Walker keeps me going.

mark
    Participant

I love dirt digging. Always that chance to see  that silver. Getting tougher for me now to get up off my knees but the thoughts of a big Walker keeps me going.

Hmmm...a detector mounted on a walker!  Could be a marketable idea!

tink

That might work but of course you know I am talking about a half dollar – Right  ::)

tink

Trying to post a picture from my old desktop – still am not sure what this is

tink

HEY! It worked – I may get the hang of this yet ;D

draaiorgel
    Participant

I don't know how I missed this post.But it certainly gives ya that nice warm fuzzy feelin' when seein' a silver reveal itself to you.Irrespective whether it's a coin or a ring, bangle or bracelet.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.