Went out on a hunt…

Home Forums Old coin hunting Went out on a hunt…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  prezzo bracciale cartier love imitazione 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

mark
    Participant

Had a couple of free hours to get in some detecting fun.  This is a site that I got permission to hunt that has a LOT of history.  The house was built in the mid 1700's and is still in use as a business to this day.I carefully packed my detecting stuff that morning... single frequency machine with a small DD coil to pick through the old iron and trash and also a deeeep machine with great target analyzing abilities...don't want to do too much extra digging in a manicured yard I hope to keep permission at!Had my Lesche digger, my battery packs and extra batteries, extra coil or two, head phones...yep, good to go!I get to the site, excited with anticipation.  I head inside to once more verify my permission to hunt is still valid...they say "yes", so out to the truck I go!Grab my detector, my headphones, my digger...and my probe?  Drats!!!  Forgot my pinpointer!  I was about 18 miles away from home and this was a hunt grabbed during the workday due to some time I need to use before Jan. 1st.Needless to say, I will NOT be digging holes on a site like this without my pinpointer.  I like to leave a site where the owner can't tell I was ever there at all...So....I plan to hit it again Monday...this time with my pinpointer!I did do a few laps to survey the area.  I heard some potential GOOD stuff in a few spots!

draaiorgel
    Participant

Aaw Mark,that's rotten luck.  🙁 🙁Especially after verifying the permission still applied.What a disappointment it must have been.  :-[ :-[Well, you've only got yourself to blame.I bet ya don't do that next time.  😉 😉

tink

I think I would have to attack without the pinpointer  🙂 Still have some old school tricks that were used before pinpointers came on the market.  Just have to take extra time and probe.

tink

It's warmed up some Mark – did you get back to the old place yet?

mark
    Participant

The plan is to hit it tomorrow (Friday)… I hope to nab an old one or two!  I'll let y'all know how it goes!

mark
    Participant

Well, as fate would have it, I still didn't get to go!  Too much stuff happening at work while we were short-handed for me to use my time.  I'll try again near New Years next week.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.