2nd hunt weather worse, results a bit better.

Home / Forums / Beach, Lake and general water hunting / 2nd hunt weather worse, results a bit better.

• Author
    • The wind was blowing about 50-60 MPH and it was an icy blast.We could only stand it for about 3 hours.This time I thought it was worth a wee pic.Todays result was 49 coins for £13:45 = $22:08.Excuse the pic (not up to my usual standard) as I accidently deleted my PSP and the cd rom drive has gone AWOL.So the resizing is just guess work in MS Word, then having to take a snapshot of the pic from the docx.

• you did great thanks for the picture and sharing, getting me excited time to start research for this next spring

• at #2659

Looking good Ian – you are still the man for total coin count  😉  I am snowed in a little for now. Got almost up to 8F today but now starting to get cold again. Be awhile before I do any detecting.

• at #2660

50 to 60 mph winds!!! Whew!  That tough hunting!

• 50 to 60 mph winds!!! Whew!  That tough hunting!

It was gettin' difficult to just stand up.The first thing I had was my adjuster thumb went completely numb,(poetic don't ya think?)closely followed by the rest of my right hand.If the weather is any easier tomorrow, we'll be going back again.Our best way of checking the weather is to look out the window first,and if it looks ok then step out the back door to check how cold it feels.

• at #2662

I am with you Ian – really hard to judge how a strong wind will affect you. Standing by the car you feel warm enough. 5 min. later standing on the beach you know you made a mistake  ???

• As I said before tink,I never make mistakes only small oversights.  ;D ;DBut I know what ya mean, even the direction of the wind can make a difference too. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???          ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???          ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???          ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???          ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???          ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

• at #2664

Yeah! You hunt down the beach with the wind at your back. Then you turn around and your car looks a long ways away  😀

• Yeah I agree with that tink.Many times when I've turned to head back to the car, I've wished I hadn't went so far.Mind you it's not nearly so bad on a nice day,especially if you've been lifting well. ;D ;D

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.