an observation I made

Home / Forums / General Discussion / an observation I made

• Author
    • yesterday while flipping thru the July issue of Western and Eastern.  Had a few hrs. to kill while a hitch was being put on my SUV so I grabbed the mag that I forgot I had and just rediscovered.  As is my custom I flipped thru the whole issue before reading anything and it hit me that I did not see an ad by Tesoro.  I flipped thru it several times to make sure and still did not see an ad by them ( now if you find one I will feel like a fool posting this)What's the be deal you may ask.  well for a few yrs. now (on another forum) people have been questioning Tesoro's solvency.  They bring up things like all Tesoro does is repackage detectors etc.  with the added pressure of new brands from Europe etc. I have to wonder if Tesoro can compete.  I hope I am off base as I like Tesoro, always have.  I'd like to think that the lack of an ad was not because they are hard up for $ but instead are saving their $ for promoting a new machine they are about to come out with.  Now that would be great.I like supporting a family operation and will do so as often as I can. 

• at #3177

NP, I've been wondering about Tesoro too.  They are good at the beep/dig design, but rumors have been flying about their next “big” thing that's coming soon.  I hope they do have something…I'd like to see them survive and do well again.  There are a lot of new detectors pressuring the US companies.  I think that may be a good thing, as long as the US companies can afford to compete with them.The trick these days seems to be having some really, really good engineers on staff who understand metal detecting. 

• at #3178

I realize we all want the latest thing 😛 But I wonder how I ever managed to find so much treasure with some of the older machines. I just gave my CZ 6a to a fellow who did not have anything and I am missing it already. :'( It must be over 20 years old and could still out hunt a lot of the new ones.  There is a lot to be said about the weight of some of the new models but Tesoro has had the rep for banging on small gold and being light weight to boot. We could be our own worse enemies always looking for that next "Improvement"  Just reflecting  😀

• Personally I don't like knobs and flick switches.I do believe push buttons are the answer.Although Tesoro seems to have an excellent reputation,I feel they're somewhat lagging behind in modern technology.I hope I haven't upset anyone,of course that's only my own opinion and not necessarily anyone else's.Also bear in mind I have never used a Tesoro.

• You gave your CZ6a away tink , Ouch, Ouch, double Ouch!  The thought of giving away my CZ6a ( if it was still working ) would bring tears to my eyes.  It is dead and I miss it.  It's unreal the amount of money these old detectors are bringing on ebay etc. 

• at #3181

You gave your CZ6a away tink , Ouch, Ouch, double Ouch!  The thought of giving away my CZ6a ( if it was still working ) would bring tears to my eyes.  It is dead and I miss it.  It's unreal the amount of money these old detectors are bringing on ebay etc.

Yeah - like I said, I miss it already but have some really good machines in my arsenal. My age is slowing me up some so don't get the use out of them I should. Saving my strength for the sand. It is cooling here in the early morns so may get some dirt digging in. The SE Pro does a good job at that.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.