Sat. 4th January 2014.

• Author
    • This time it was dry and overcast and managed to get in 3 hours before heavy rain stopped play.We tried a wee bit further along the beach still working in front of the cut.  Yeah, and it produced more clad than yesterday. + A 50 cent Irish euro.Between us we lifted 58 coins for £16:98 = $22:08. Thought it was quite respectable for 3 hours, and worth gettin' our jeans wet thru. Wet but happy.   ;D ;D

• at #2669

I am still amazed how much you guys rack up there!  Either the locals have a lot of money they don't mind losing or they stay inebriated enough to not care!  😀

• at #2670

Nice haul – I think I would get a good rain outfit and keep hunting. When I am down to the beach in Nov. I quite often am the only one out in the weather.  A little damp for some but pretty comfortable for me after the weather we have.

• This beach is often used as a holiday destination for many English folks who have money to burn.But they don't wear their expensive jewelry unfortunately.It is very rare on this particular beach to find empty beer cans or spirit bottles.At the back of the beach the sand can get as high as the top of the ground level rooms in the houses.There are also a lot of holiday homes there too. (expensive)When we had Glenda (German shepherd / border collie cross)we had plastic overtrousers for walking her in the rain.She really loved woodland walks where there were high ferns and tall grass, it could get really wet. 8) 8)

• at #2672

Are your beaches always open to the public or are there a lot of private areas?

• Are your beaches always open to the public or are there a lot of private areas?

All beaches are open to the public all year round,with the exception of beaches where they have built caravan sites behind the beach and made it really difficult to get access, they pretend to own the beach.

• at #2674

Living inland like we do – our lake beaches are mostly closed to detecting until after Labor Day. The park super can allow certain leeway but this definitely leads to favoritism. WOW! My spell check just made me add an i to my spelling  ;D  Shows you what I know about favoritism

• Ya should get more friendly with the park ranger then.We actually do a beach where the park ranger likes us because we stick to the beach and never leave any trace we were there.There are nice parklands behind the beach, and a couple of idiots decided to dig up the park and left it in a pretty bad state.The ranger was complaining about it and we agreed they were nothing more than vandals, we also told her proper MD'rs wouldn't do that.Consequently we are always most welcome.

• at #2676

I had one park where the ranger let me hit the water even during the season but she retired. Another nearby park, the girl came out during a rain storm while the beach was empty and told me the beach is closed to detecting until Labor Day.0  I was the only person within a mile but she said the rules are the rules  :'(  I had driven about 30 miles to hit this park because I figured no one would care on such a stormy day - shows you what I know  😀

• at #2677

I tell you, the bad recovery folks are really hurting us!  Leaving holes is NOT COOL!

• at #2678

I tell you, the bad recovery folks are really hurting us!  Leaving holes is NOT COOL!

I have a friend that is maintenance super for the school system here and so far his grounds are open to me. Would just take one slob and I could lose a whole bunch of nice spots.  The town square is still open also but I think that will be changing - so it goes

• at #2679

I have a friend that is maintenance super for the school system here and so far his grounds are open to me. Would just take one slob and I could lose a whole bunch of nice spots.  The town square is still open also but I think that will be changing - so it goes

You've got it...one, lone slob would mess it up for you and anyone else.  I try my best to go above and beyond to make sure my permission sites are super-clean and the own can't tell I was there other than someone has picked up some trash.

• at #2680

I think I shared this on one of the sites. I was working a local park and some youngsters came to watch. I dug a penny and gave it to them. I came back the next day and they had went back to every filled hole and redug them looking for more coins. :'(  By then the plug had dried and even though I refilled the holes they still showed pretty bad. Lucky I didn't lose this spot  😀

• Now that was really bad luck tink.I suppose kids will be kids.Ya should be safe enough giving nice kids a few pennies on the beach,because they dig holes in the sand nearly all the time.The moral is ta keep your pennies in the park. ;D ;D

• at #2682

My concern on the beach is that often the young ones will follow me for quite a ways. I wonder why a parent would let their child wander off with someone they do not even know  ???

• at #2683

My concern on the beach is that often the young ones will follow me for quite a ways. I wonder why a parent would let their child wander off with someone they do not even know  ???

Yes!  I've trailed 'em along like the pied piper.  I avoid day time hunting now, just for that reason.  I can just see me swinging down with my scoop right when one of them sticks his/her hand into the hole!  ... or clobbering one in the noggin on the backswing. 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.