subject matter for detectorstuff.com

Home / Forums / General Discussion / subject matter for detectorstuff.com

• Author

Just as an FYI for me, what would you guys like to see more of at my main site http://www.detectorstuff.com ?

• Interviews with folks in the industry (like engineers, company owners, etc.)
      • Reviews of metal detectors
      • Reviews of detecting accessories (headphones, diggers, pinpointer, coils, etc)
      • Other suggestions?

• For me personally Field tests, preferably beach tests both wet and dry.I like to read reviews as well, preferably mid range machines at mid range prices.I'm not really interested in machines such as ctx 3030 or XP Deus, or the new Garrett PI or White's V3i or any other super expensive MD's.Partly because I know I'll never be in the market for any one of them.But that's just me, and I realise that not everyone is in the same mind set.

• at #2756

I go along with Ian – actual videos of different detectors used on the beach with their settings. I use the Minelabs so have no problem but often talk with new hunters that get quite frustrated going near the water.  Usually I can tweak their sensitivity to allow them to hunt but they lose a lot of depth.  Some schooling on this might be a big help. Miss Mary uses the Omega but it gets jumpy near the water.

• Yep, I forgot ta say video's and settings too.Thanks for reminding me tink.  8) 8)

• at #2758

Thanks fellas.  I can't help you too much with beach hunting videos (as much as I'd like to!)  I am looking into putting together a youtube channel that I'll link back to reviews.  Another good suggestion is showing more on settings…I'll work on that too.

• I go along with Ian - actual videos of different detectors used on the beach with their settings. I use the Minelabs so have no problem but often talk with new hunters that get quite frustrated going near the water.  Usually I can tweak their sensitivity to allow them to hunt but they lose a lot of depth.  Some schooling on this might be a big help. Miss Mary uses the Omega but it gets jumpy near the water.

Tell Miss Mary to wear heavier boots.

That should cure the jumping.

• at #2760

Ian said,  Tell Miss Mary to wear heavier boots.  That should cure the jumping.   Thanks Ian. If you ever get the chance to meet Miss Mary you will quickly learn I don't "Tell" her anything  😀

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.