Thu. 16thJan. whee 925

• Author
    • Went out yesterday for another wee 3 hour hunt. The hits were very few and far between, there also seemed to be more iron on this beach than usual.  🙁 🙁Also a couple of back hoes were tidying up the beach, pulling sand from the back wall and spreading it out all over the beach.I must say it wasn't the prettiest job they were doing, but I thought it might just work in our favour.It didn't.Our clad total was meagre to say the least, but it was better than sitting at home wondering.The total clad came to £5:68 = $9:34.I got the star prize of the day which was a small 925 earring, at least it was silver. ;D ;D

• Congrats that's what it is all about fun time and treasure

• at #2720

Looks good, Ian!  You still swinging the F70?

• Yep, we both love our F70s. 8) 8)Great detectors, the only down side is no-one in the UK can repair them.I might eventually have to think about gettin' a very cheap used one.To enable us to have the time to send one in for service and repairs.Of course it will be a problem when they are returned as the government will try to get import duty on them.

• Congrats that's what it is all about fun time and treasure

Yeah Steve we did have a lot of fun, and I was ecstatic to get that wee silver.

8) 8) 8) It really brightened up my day. 8) 8) 8)        8) 8) 8) It really brightened up my day. 8) 8) 8)        8) 8) 8) It really brightened up my day. 8) 8) 8)        8) 8) 8) It really brightened up my day. 8) 8) 8)        8) 8) 8) It really brightened up my day. 8) 8) 8)        8) 8) 8) It really brightened up my day. 8) 8) 8)        8) 8) 8) It really brightened up my day. 8) 8) 8)

• at #2723

Way to go – glad someone is keeping the hunt going. Always nice to pick up some silver along the way. Your bad coin count still puts our good ones to shame.  Usually if we find a couple of dollars worth we feel we have had a good day.  It seems we do find a little more bling than you do - I will have to start posting "All" our finds when the season starts  ;D

• Yeah tink,it's a great feeling to find a wee silver.Brightens up one's day no end.I was beginning to think the F70 couldn't pick up silver.I've been digging everything in the 80s for such a long time without any silver results. So it was a good feeling when it finally happened. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)            8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)            8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)            8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)            8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)            8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)            8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

• at #2725

IAN says,”I've been digging everything in the 80s for such a long time without any silver results. So it was a good feeling when it finally happened” – tried to copy just part and goofed  ;D  I know how this is - I did finally hit a solid silver number this last beach trip and when I dug it it was actually a nice silver 925 ring

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.