Very quiet 4 hour hunt today and a record.

Home / Forums / Beach, Lake and general water hunting / Very quiet 4 hour hunt today and a record.

• Author
    • We did two beaches today and they were both very reluctant to give up some finds.Yet again it was a bitter cold wind maybe 15-20 mph.However with our new headphones we managed to get 17 coins between us.I got two separate targets at a record depth today, the first one was a cupro-nickel 10 pence piece about the same size as your modern Quarter.The second one was a 50 pence piece hex shaped coin cupro-nickel as well but a bit bigger.This is where my record depth came in, I wouldn't have believed it if  I hadn't dug and measured them myself.First time ever 16 inch coin targets twice. OK it was in dry sand, but I was absolutely thrilled. Our meagre total for the hunt was 17 coins for £7:36 = $12:29.

• at #2903

Great job on the deep coins!  I bet the combo of the F70 and hearing the targets well with the new headphones have helped.

• Yeah Mark, I thought that too.I felt I must have been missing a lot of targets with the Jolly Rogers,there was never enough volume on them for me.I was hunting in all metal slow mode and after a couple of scoops, went to disc to get a better pin point and ID. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)          8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)          8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)          8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)          8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)          8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)          8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)          8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)          8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)          8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

• cool great finds and depth, so these beaches are they the same ones you always hit or are they new ones. I don't know what your weather is like this time of year but here nobody is on the beach or will be for 2 months

• cool great finds and depth, so these beaches are they the same ones you always hit or are they new ones. I don't know what your weather is like this time of year but here nobody is on the beach or will be for 2 months

They are our local beaches each within half an hour of home.It's not worth travelling 1-3 hours at this time of year for little or no return.Our sand levels have been very low for the last 3-4 weeks,but the winds of varying speeds have been bitterly cold.The only folks we see on the beaches at the moment are two or three dog walkers, it's just too cold for most folks.Even we haven't been getting out very much since December.Hopefully when we get our first few good days some folks will venture out onto the beaches.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.