Went out for a busk today.

Home / Forums / General Discussion / Went out for a busk today.

• Author
    • It was dry but very dull today, the sun didn't manage to burn away the clouds.But it was comfortably warm although the first 3 hours were very quiet apart from me with the organ. LOL.However the second 3 hours picked up nicely and my take was reasonable given the conditions and the fact that it's a tiny fishing village.During this time I had an almost permanent audience as some would leave others would arrive, many folks have their fish and chips while listening.Take for the day came to £37:80 = $62:67.Our constant poor weather makes it imperative that I seize every opportunity to busk. Things are tight at the moment.

• at #2989

My cousin does her busking on the streets of Austin TX. Every once in a while she gets rousted by a street cop who views it as panhandling. This upsets her to no end 🙂

• congrats on the $62.67 and sorry things are tight right now.  hang in there. 

•   My cousin does her busking on the streets of Austin TX. Every once in a while she gets rousted by a street cop who views it as panhandling. This upsets her to no end 🙂

I've never had a problem with the police while busking ever.Quite the reverse they are always very amiable, I think it's because they know I create a happy atmosphere.For them it means less trouble.On the odd occasion I've even had on duty policemen crank the handle and grinning from ear to ear.

• at #2992

Sounds like a fun way to make a little cash!  As an old policeman, I would have jumped in there and asked to turn the crank!… those days may be gone though.

• Yeah I do get a lot of fun out of it.Sometimes, just sometimes it can lead to job enquiries.I've got 3 enquiries pending at the momentI even picked up a job while we were doing the shopping yesterday.If I get it , it'll be a first for me.They want me to play for a cricket match in July.!!!!!!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.