You are never to old to make a rookie mistake

Home / Forums / General Discussion / You are never to old to make a rookie mistake

• Author
    • Got a call from a fellow church member who lost his wedding band.  Said he has been married for 54 yrs. and while he does not wear much gold this ring meant a lot to him.  Said he felt the ring come of his finger and heard it hit the lawn tractor.  They spent two days looking for it to no avail.  At any rate I hunted and hunted till it got dark, found myself hunting areas that logic says it would not fly that far.Being a stubborn German I could not just give up and so I thought about it long and hard when a light went on in my head.  Could it be that my discrimination level was set to high.  Sure enough looking at the M6 I felt I could have missed the ring because of the setting I had on the M6.Went back early the next day and found it in less than a min.  Saw his eyes water up as I tossed him the ring. Felt good.  Could have used the M6 with the adjusted setting but used my Tesoro Cortez since Tesoros are hot on gold.

• at #3421

Way to go! I always like hearing about returned rings. Thanks for the post.    As for the rest of it - I have been detecting since the mid 60s and still hike into the woods and forget my digger or make other little mistakes that keep me human  😀  I've stop to talk on the beach - turn my detector off - then start hunting without turning it back on. At times I have went quite a ways before I realize why my machine is so quiet. I'm pretty sure others could jump in here and make us feel a little better.

• at #3422

GREAT job!  Nothing better than finding something for someone that has deep emotional value. 

• Well done np on being stubborn.I'll bet the old guy was delighted to get it back.It's not the first time I've gone about twenty minuteswith my machine switched off.Don't it make ya feel silly. 8) 8) 8) 8)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.